Pressure cookers are pretty amazing because they can seriously reduce the time it takes to cook many meals. Imagine being able to cook a dish for your family in record time after a long hard day at work? This is why many people invest in a good quality pressure cooker.
The problem is that many pressure cookers are not easy to use. They are not designed with ease of use and convenience in mind.
All of that has changed with the creation of the Instant Pot pressure cooker range. Designed to be safe, durable, easy to use, intuitive, and convenient, the Instant Pot pressure cooker range offers to make your time in the kitchen more fun with less hard work.
Below are some examples of food that you can prepare with the IP cookers:
Poultry, Yogurt, Rice, Bean/Chili, Meat/Stew, Porridge, Soup/Broth, Multigrain, Cake, Eggs, Canning, Sous Vide etc.
Keep in mind though that there is no single Instant Pot model that can prepare all of the above. There are some types of food like Yogurt, Sous Vide, Canning etc that only a few models are able to prepare, so let’s see them below.
Table Of Contents
The Best Instant Pot for Making Yogurt
Yogurt is a nutritious snack that can be made into an entire meal with the addition of fruits, nuts, and so on.
Unfortunately, it can be expensive to buy at the store, plus the commercial yogurt is not always as healthy as the home-made option.
This is where the Instant Pot range can really help to make things easier.
Some of the Instant Pot models actually have a built-in program that can prepare a whole batch of yogurt.
It’s done safely and automatically, and you get regular updates on where it is in the cooking cycle due to the intuitive and easy to read control panel. This saves you time and money.
If you love yogurt but hate buying it at the store, here are the Instant Pot models that can make yogurt:
- Nova Plus
- Duo Plus
- Smart WiFi
But which of the models above is the best one for Yogurt preparation?
If you’re eager to get started on making some yogurt with the Instant Pot pressure cooker range, here are two models that we believe are the best (taking into consideration the many other benefits they have in addition to Yogurt making).
Duo Mini (3Qt) for one to two Persons
- COMPACT SIZE: Great size for small households and side dishes, or anywhere space is limited. Has all the features of the DUO60 in a compact size.
- REPLACES UP TO 7 APPLIANCES: Combines 7 kitchen appliances in 1 to save you space, including: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker, and warmer.
- 14 ONE TOUCH COOKING PRESETS FOR QUICKER COOKING: Soup/Broth, Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Poultry, Sauté/Searing, Steam, Rice, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, Manual, and Pressure Cook. Power supply-120V – 60Hz
Last update on 2020-01-14 at 10:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
One of the best things about the Instant Pot range is how much time they can save you, and this Duo Mini model doesn’t disappoint.
With a 3Qt capacity, it may not be the biggest cooker around, but this makes it ideal for one person or a couple. Imagine sharing a gorgeous homemade yogurt in front of a fire on a winter night.
Like all Instant Pot models, this tiny wonder has been designed with safety and efficiency in mind. It can cook up to six times faster than regular pressure cookers, which makes it ideal for the couple or the single person with a fast and busy lifestyle.
The seven included programs are powered by the latest micro-processor, so it’s going to be easy to use and fast. There are programs for making yogurt, steaming, warming, making rice and porridge, slow cooking, Saute, Soup/Broth (remember these cold nights) and more.
Due to its small footprint and sleek design, the Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 fits easily in a small kitchen. For anyone with a small apartment in the city where space is hard to find, this wondrous little pressure cooker can seriously replace so many other kitchen appliances.
Duo Plus 60 for a Family
- Upgrade from duo: Instant Pot Duo plus is the updated duo. Duo plus upgrades include the easyseal lid to automatically seal when pressure cooking and a cooking progress indicator, so you know when cooking begins.
- Cooks fast & saves time: The Instant Pot Duo plus Multi-Cooker combines 9 Appliances in one: pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté pan, egg cooker, yogurt maker, warmer and sterilizer – and cooks up to 70% faster
- Consistently delicious: 15 one-touch smart programs put cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more on autopilot – with tasty results
Last update on 2019-12-31 at 13:19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Of course, if you have a family, you’ll need a bigger Instant Pot model. This 9-in-1 model with 6 Qt capacity includes all of the amazing benefits of every Instant Pot design, including ease of use, smart control, an easy to read LED control panel, and smart programs.
Apart from the fact that you and your family can simply switch on the yogurt program and wait for a yummy snack, the Duo Plus features a sterilizer program. This also makes it ideal for a family with little ones. Why not use it to sterilize baby bottles, for example? Simply switch on the Sterilize program, and let it do all of the work.
This model also has a super smart trick up its sleeve: it has three programs – “less,” “normal,” and “more” – that will vary the cook settings for each program. This means that you can easily and quickly customize a meal to your taste or the taste of anyone else in the family.
For many people, this capacity to customize each program will make the Instant Pot Duo Plus 60 an instant winner above all of the other pressure cookers on the market. Add in safety features, durability, and ease of use, and this Instant Pot offers great value for money for the growing family.
Best Instant Pot for Canning and Sous Vide
What if your cooking needs extend beyond making yogurt and searing steaks? What if you want to ferment some cabbage for Kimchi? What if you want to can your own produce and sell it? What if you want to cook sous vide? None of these are possible with most traditional pressure cookers, but there is one Instant Pot that will do it.
Max 6 Quart Model
- Sustained 15psi, not only cooks food faster, you can now do home pressure canning;
- Large touch screen makes programming seamless, you can set time, temperature, pressure level, delay start and Warm;
- Nutriboost technology works by creating a boiling motion during pressure cook to break down food, adding nutrition, flavor, and taste to soups and bone broth;
Last update on 2020-01-14 at 10:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Allowing the home cook a full range of control over the cooking process is the end-game for the Max 6 model. For many people, just using an included program is enough, but this won’t suit every need. For when you want to get serious with your cooking, the Max 6 is set to deliver.
Cooking processes like sous vide and fermentation require fine control over the temperature. Most pressure cookers don’t offer this type of granular control, but the Max 6 allows anyone to control the temperature so that these kinds of cooking processes are not just possible, but easy to achieve with minimum effort and time investment.
One of the most exciting things about the Max 6 is the fact that it can deliver a very high working pressure of 15psi. Why is this important? It is important because this kind of pressure is usually only offered by commercial pressure cookers and pressure cookers for the stove.
If you want to do your own canning of produce at home, you can get it done with 15psi of pressure. Combined with safety features, intuitive and easy smart programming, numerous cooking programs, full temperature control, and program customization, the Max 6 Instant Pot pressure cooker is one serious kitchen appliance and deserves a look if you’re serious about your own home cooking.
- Power Quick Pot 6-Qt vs Instant Pot 6-Qt – Pressure Cookers Comparison
- Some Frequently Asked Questions About Instant Pot Multicooker
- 15 Different Types of Door Locks for your Home
- 5 Best Reclining Chairs for Elderly People
- 5 Best Portable Garage in-a-box (Carport-Canopy) 10×20,12×20 (in 2020)
- Best Size Instant Pot Cookers for 1,2,4 Persons and Large Families