Of all the modern kitchen appliances on the market today, pressure cookers that have multiple cooking functions are among the best products a person can buy for their home.
That’s why such multi-cooking appliances are becoming common household items due to price and convenience.
If you love to cook but despise the messy clean up afterward then this new genre of cooking appliance is right up your alley.
The Instant Pot brand is without a doubt among the best and most popular. However, there are other similar options in the market right now.
Power Quick Pot is a fairly newcomer product and was first introduced by Tristar (an as-seen-on-TV brand which also manufactures the popular Power Air Fryer XL series of cooking appliances).
If you are unsure on which product between Instant Pot Vs Power Quick Pot cooking appliance is best for your kitchen, we can help you decide.
In this post, we’re going to thoroughly examine the most successful and best-selling Instant Pot models (DUO 60 and ULTRA – 6 qt Model) with the Power Quick Pot (6 Qt) Model to come up with the similarities, differences, and their pros and cons.
Table of Contents
- Quick Comparison Table
- Power Quick Pot Brief Review
- Instant Pot Brief Review
- Our Recommendation
- Frequent Asked Questions.
- Q: What is the difference between Power Quick Pot and Instant pot?
- Q: Can you adjust the temperature on a Quick power pot and Instant pot?
- Q: How do I know when it is the right time to release the pressure?
- Q: Can I use the Power Quick Pot recipe in the Instant Pot?
- Q: What does PIP stand for?
- Q: What is a water test? Is it important?
Quick Comparison Table
The following comparison table shows a quick overview of their most important features.
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 17:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Power Quick Pot Brief Review
- Power Quick Pot Electric Multi Cooker 37 Multi Functional Smart Settings – Electric Pressure Cooker & More is the newest generation technology in kitchen appliances - choose your setting in just one instant touch for fast, effortless home cooking up to 70% faster vs. traditional methods. Large LCD Digital Display changes color based on operation. PTFA & PFOA Free Stainless Steel. No Mess Splatter Guard. Dishwasher Safe parts.
- Replaces Multiple Kitchen Appliances – Digital Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Baking, Sauté, Steamer, Hot Pot, Sous Vide and Keep Warm
- New Technology Cook IQ Microprocessor - Built-in, Advanced Microprocessor monitors pressure and temperature, keeps time, and adjusts heat intensity and duration. 1200 Watts - Power Supply Rating: Voltage: 120v/60Hz. Power Supply Cord Length: 36inches. Unit Weight: 11.6
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 17:42 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Let us first take a look at the Power Quick pot.
This cool new generation multi-purpose kitchen appliance is designed with the latest technology in mind and they actually tried to beat other established brands (like the Instant Pot) by offering more capabilities compared to some IP models.
The Power quick pot comes with a lot of great features. It can be used as a rice cooker, slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, warmer, cake maker, yogurt maker, steamer, as a baking appliance, and many more.
In short, if you have this multi-cooker, there is no need to buy all those other appliances which take up a lot of cabinet or counter space.
Getting this appliance started might seem overwhelming at the beginning but it’s actually easier than you think.
It has 37 pre-set smart settings which can be accessed with just a touch of a button and by using the settings knob. It also has a large LCD display which shows the operational status when cooking.
The Power Quick Pot 6Qt has a power supply rating of 1200 Watts which is not very common for similar 6 Quart cookers. The higher the power rating the better because it means that the appliance will be more effective and even faster when pressure cooking.
It has a built-in advanced IQ Microprocessor which regulates the temperature, pressure, and even adjusts the intensity of the heat.
It also features a delay cooking time up to 24 hours. This multi-purpose power quick pot has 12 built-in safety features, including Anti-Blockade guard, safety lock lid, cool to the touch handle, and lid positioning sensor.
This device also has a ‘keep warm’ function, which is activated automatically when the food is finished cooking.
Let’s see some of the Pros of this model:
- It’s highly versatile. Unlike some lower-end Instant Pot model that have only a few cooking modes of operation, the power quick pot has multiple functions (12-in-1), and it can replace lots of devices in the kitchen.
- There is a plethora of pre-set cooking programs (37) which are just a push-of-a-button away from a delicious meal.
- Great device for saving space, especially for those people living in smaller apartments.
- This multi-purpose cooker has a temperature, heat, and pressure regulator. This ensures that each and every kind of food is cooked to perfection. In addition, it comes with a colored cookbook full of mouth-watering recipes.
- The delay in cooking time and auto keep warm functions can be really useful for busy families.
- Most of the parts are dishwasher safe, so cleaning this device is easy.
- It comes with a one-touch button set, which makes it easy to use.
- The long extension cord allows use when an electrical outlet is not immediately accessible.
- Supports Sous Vide cooking.
Power Quick pots are indeed a great device loved by many. There aren’t a lot of reviews which mention its negative side, but it’s not a perfect device which fixes all problems, there are a few red flags.
- The Power Quick Pot does not actually cook at different pressures, like the Instant Pot. It only cooks at a high pressure, typically in the range of 11.6 – 13 PSI. Not a huge difference from the Instant Pot but it might not be the best for cooking rice.
- First-time users may take some time to get used to the functions and settings.
- Since this is a relatively new product in the market, you might not find many recipes online like the Instant Pot series.
- The Yogurt program is using only “boil-method”.
- Factory warranty is short (only 60 days) compared to Instant Pot (1-year warranty).
Instant Pot Brief Review
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan and food warmer.
- QUICK ONE-TOUCH COOKING: 13 customizable Smart Programs for pressure cooking ribs, soups, beans, rice, poultry, yogurt, desserts and more.
- COOK FAST OR SLOW: Pressure cook delicious one-pot meals up to 70% faster than traditional cooking methods or slow cook your favorite traditional recipes – just like grandma used to make.
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 17:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Instant Pot Ultra-electric pressure cooker is the next generation in kitchen appliances. A central dial with a simple turn and press provides added precision in program selection and adjustment
- New features: Altitude adjustment, cooking indicator, and a steam release reset button. The ultra button for custom programming. The new features include sterilize, cake and egg programs
- Replaces 10 common kitchen appliances: Pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice/porridge cooker, yogurt maker, cake maker, egg cooker, sauté/searing, steamer, warmer, and sterilizer
Last update on 2021-09-25 at 16:00 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Instant Pot pressure cookers are reliable, dependable, safe, and very convenient to use. The brand has been in the market long before the Power Quick pot and has been embraced by thousands of customers who have been giving great feedback for years.
An appliance like this can cook food at a faster rate (up to 2-5 times faster than regular cooking appliances), and it uses less electricity of up to 70 percent less as compared to other similar devices.
Similar to Power Quick Pot, the instant pot is also made for multi-purpose use. It can be used as a pressure cooker, steamer, sauté, slow cooker, yogurt maker, warmer, sterilizer etc.
All Instant Pot models have 24-hour timer, which provides delayed cooking options. Its built-in auto keep-warm feature keeps the food warm for a longer duration or until the food is served.
It’s also equipped with a pressure monitor, temperature regulator, auto heat intensity adjustor, and a timer. All these advanced features allow the cooker to prepare delicious foods with consistency. In addition, they are equipped with safety mechanisms for maximum protection.
At the comparison table in the beginning of this article we have included two IP models. The popular Instant Pot DUO 60 and the Ultra model. The latter has been the winner when we compared various IP models here and here and is actually the model we recommend in the Instant Pot series.
We have included the models above to present two options in the low-end and high-end rank of the IP product series.
Let’s see some pros and cons of IP models compared to Power Quick Pot.
- Solidly built kitchen appliance which performs excellent and has high durability.
- Very easy to find replacement parts for Instant Pot models (lids, accessories, gaskets etc) on both Amazon and from the official website as well.
- Mature product with lots of recipes online.
- Much better documentation and customer support compared to Power Quick Pot.
- It has all stainless-steel interior, which eliminates all kinds of health risks associated with Teflon/non-stick coating.
- Unlike the Quick Power pot, instant pot has two pressure modes (low and high) for excellent cooking results in various meal recipes.
- It’s a multi-purpose device that can save a lot of money in the long run. It can help replace other kitchen appliances and reduce the use of oven and stove. In addition, it uses less electricity, which means you’ll spend less on utility bills.
- Saves a lot of space in the kitchen and saves money by eliminating the need to buy other appliances such as a yogurt maker or a rice cooker.
- Much like the Quick Power pot, you can use the cooking delay feature if you want to.
- Its dishwasher safe, and it is straightforward to clean.
- Because it has numerous functions, there may be a bit of a learning curve for the new users. There is also no canning feature in the models we have in this article.
- The IP DUO60 and ULTRA in this article do not have Sous Vide cooking option. Only the MAX model does have this.
- Less pre-set cooking options (although the Ultra mode does offer some excellent custom cooking settings).
Overall, both Instant Pot and Power Quick Pot products offer mostly similar experience to a user:
They both offer convenience and hassle-free cooking when preparing meals for a single person or a whole family.
Power Quick Pot is newer in the market compared to Instant Pot brand but it offers more features such as Sous Vide, more pre-set smart cooking settings, higher power output (1200 watts compared to 1000 watts in the 6 Qt size) etc.
On the other hand, the Instant Pot brand is mature, you can find much more recipes online, they offer longer factory warranty and better overall support.
If you’re looking for more features, the Power Quick pot will be a better option. However, for most average users, the Instant pot is the best.
For most households, I recommend choosing a 6 Qt Instant Pot. It provides food for up to six people and includes the best warranty. Plus, if you plan on having guests over, you can always use the vertical stacking techniques to produce more food.
The IP Ultra model we have included in this article is pretty close to Power Quick Pot (in terms of features) plus it has been tested by thousands of customers with glowing feedback and results.
Frequent Asked Questions.
Q: What is the difference between Power Quick Pot and Instant pot?
There isn’t a lot of difference between these two kitchen appliances as both are programmable pressure cookers which work similarly, and even have similar design and looks.
The one significant difference is their functionality – While Instant Pot has just a few functions; the other has more than 30 cooking pre-set functions.
Price is another factor that differentiates these two devices. Instant Pots usually have higher price tags than Power Quick Pots.
Also, the Sous Vide feature is only available in Quick Pot while only the Max model in Instant Pot offers Sous Vide.
Lastly, while Instant Pots have a warranty period of full 12 months, the warranty period of Quick Pot is much shorter (60 days).
Q: Can you adjust the temperature on a Quick power pot and Instant pot?
Both devices are designed with a self-regulating temperature system, so normally you cannot adjust the temperature (except in Ultra model).
But as you select the cooking mode according to what you’re cooking, the device will adjust the heat intensity, time, and temperature automatically to deliver the best optimum results.
However, you can adjust the timer of the cooker.
The IP ULTRA model has a custom setting called “ultra” whereby it allows the user to adjust the temperature manually (in contrast to the other models in this article).
Q: How do I know when it is the right time to release the pressure?
These cookers cook food by trapping the heat inside, creating pressure. As soon as you close the lid of the cooker, pressure starts to build up, and that is how the food becomes soft.
The cooker is equipped with a steam release valve, and there are two ways of letting go of the pressure, the natural way, NPR- Natural Pressure Release and quick release (QR).
When the cooking is finished, the heat supply will be reduced to a minimum. The cooker will supply just enough heat to keep the food warm, but the pressure will still be trapped inside. If the pressure is not released, the temperature inside will remain the same for a long time, which means the food will be overcooked.
If you are cooking something hard, such as meat, you want to keep the meat under pressure for some time so that it becomes softer. In this case, you won’t have to use the quick release function. However, if you’re cooking something softer such as vegetables or fish, you will have to make use of the quick release. Consult the owner’s manual for exact instructions.
Q: Can I use the Power Quick Pot recipe in the Instant Pot?
Power Quick Pots or Instant Pots are basically very similar, as both are programmable pressure cookers. Although Instant Pot have limited functions as compared to the former, if the recipe involves the use of similar cooking functions, it is applicable to both.
Q: What does PIP stand for?
PIP is a short form of Pot-in-Pot Cooking. This means cooking two dishes at once in a cooker by stacking two separate smaller pots on a trivet in the larger pot.
Q: What is a water test? Is it important?
A water test is done to check if the cooker is functioning properly; this test is done by following the example steps in the owner’s manual.
A water test is important because it will not only ensure that the cooker can build up pressure without malfunctioning, but you’ll also learn how to use the cooker properly.
- 5 Best Portable Garage in-a-box (Carport-Canopy) 10×20,12×20
- Here are the Top 5 Quietest Pedestal Fans to Buy
- Top 5 Quietest Portable Air Conditioners. Reviews and Guide
- Ninja Foodi OP305 vs OP302 vs OP301 Pressure Cooker Comparisons
- Best Box Fans – Buying Guide and Reviews of the Top Products
- Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus vs Max – Comparison of Two Top Instant Pot Models