There’s a common saying to “not judge a book by it’s cover”, but let’s face it, we all do. It’s instinctual.
The fact is if you’re selling your home, prospective buyers will judge your home on superficial criteria such as clutter, furniture, tidiness, paint color and other similar superficial aspects.
I watch a good number of home shows and it’s amazing to me how often people will comment on the big flat screen TV above the electric fireplace, as happened to me once in the past. It’s hilarious because the TV doesn’t even come with the house!
The point is prospective home buyers often react as dramatically to superficial aspects of your home as they do to the important features such as a sound foundation, kitchen design, etc.
This is where home staging comes in. With a little effort and a few dollars, you can dramatically spruce up your home so prospective buyers love it, even though none if it is all that important.
You want your home sold, right? Well, make it attractive. Or at the very least decorate it so it’s not unattractive.
Enjoy the infographic below from “Home Stratosphere”.
Summary of Home Staging Infographic
So let’s recap the important points presented in the infographic above:
- If you are in the process of selling your home property, staging your home can give you a competitive advantage and can result in a higher selling price.
- Professionally listed staged houses spend 73% less time on the market, which means they are sold faster than non-staged properties.
- The median amount spent on home staging is $675.
- The top five rooms to focus on when staging your home are the Living Room, Kitchen, Master Bedroom, Dining Room, and Bathroom.
- Some important tips for getting the most out of home staging are:
- Remove clutter from the house.
- Move furniture in the middle of rooms to make them look bigger.
- Show your home in the best possible light conditions.
- Fix your floors or walls (cracks etc).
- Give your bathroom a spa appearance using rolled-up towels, baskets and candles.
- Revamp your kitchen by installing new cabinet doors and drawer fronts.
- Decorate with flowers.
- Cheap Ways to Heat a Room – Efficient and Budget-Friendly Solutions
- 11 Ways to Get Rid of Cooking Smells in a Small Apartment or House
- 11 Stores and Sites Like IKEA For Affordable Furniture and Home Products
- All About Polypropylene – Olefin Fabric Sofa Material
- 12 Different Types of Wood for Outdoor Furniture with Pros/Cons
- 10 Different Types of Glass for Home Windows (With Pros and Cons)