The first thing that you look at when you enter someone’s home is their driveway. Hence you can understand the fact having a good driveway is also very important. Hence it is very necessary that we keep in mind these factors so that we can enhance the beauty of our house.
You should also be familiar with the fact that getting the right driveway for your house is not as easy as it seems. There are a variety of things which need to be taken into consideration so that you can get the best results. Here is a list of things which we should consider in order to get the best driveways.
Knowing the Different Types of Concrete Driveway
One of the major things that you must make sure to know before you finally decide on your exposed concrete driveway is the type of concrete you would like to install. It is very important that you have a fair idea about the different types of concrete which are available in the market. Following are the different types of concrete present:
- Broom Finished Concrete – this type of concrete is made with the help of drawing a broom across the concrete. As the name suggests it is finished with the help of broom. It is a grey colour concrete which is commonly used for sidewalks and driveways. It is also one of the most economical types of exposed concrete driveway. It brings out a different allure to your backyard and helps the flowers in backyard to shine more brightly.
- Sand Washed Concrete – another very famous type of concrete driveway is the sand washed concrete. The sand washed concrete is made with the help of pouting in grains of sand more than the small pebbles in the mixture for the concrete. We use this type of cornet mostly for driveways. The grainy structure allows comfortable walking and at the same time allows obtrusive friction. Hence, we can say that this is also a great choice for exposed aggregate concrete.
- Stamped Concrete – another popular type of concrete which is used for driveways is the stamped concrete. It is essentially created with the help of stamping geometric structures or designs on stone into the cement. It also adds to the allure of the landscape, but it is not a very wise choice as the stamped concrete has smooth surfaces. Since they have smooth surfaces, they become slippery when they are wet hence it acts as a disadvantage for them.
Therefore, you need to understand the different types of concrete well before you finally agree deciding which will be the best fit for your exposed concrete driveway.
Size and Area Covered
The next factors which must be taken into consideration while deciding on the concrete for your exposed concrete driveway are the size of the driveway and the area where it is placed.
It very important that you have a look at the size and the area so that you can choose the right type of concrete. Keeping in mind the budget aspect we should consider the size before finally deciding on the concrete we would like.
However, the placement of the concrete which mean whether it is exposed to a lot of sun or if it is in shade should also is taken into consideration to achieve the best results.
As you can see these are the most important things, we need to consider for getting the perfect exposed concrete driveway. However, we should also consider things like if you want to match our concept with that of the house or if we want to play with the colours of flowers in our back yard. Hence, we should choose the exposed concrete driveway after proper deliberation.
- 15 Main Pros and Cons of PVC Decking – Comparison and Discussion
- 12 Different Types of Wood for Outdoor Furniture with Pros/Cons
- 11 Different Types of Natural Stone for House Exterior
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Composite Decking for Homes
- What Color Siding Goes With Red Brick? Design Ideas With Pictures
- 8 Unique Porch Ceiling Ideas for your Home (with Photos)
Sarah Packer says
My husband and I are building our dream house, so we wanted tips on driveway options and designs. I didn’t know sand-washed concrete has a grainy structure that’s good for walking and allows friction. I’ll have to keep that in mind as my husband and I find a concrete contractor we like, so we can get a quality driveway!
Ellie Davis says
It’s interesting to know that stamped concrete is very popular for driveways. My husband is thinking about replacing our driveway, and we are looking for advice. I will let him know about the different options that we have to choose from to remodeling our driveway.
Vivian Black says
You made a great point about stamped concrete and how it usually is used on driveways. My husband and I are looking for a stamped concrete contractor that can help us with our driveway. We will keep these tips in mind as we search for a professional that can help us best.
Alice Carroll says
Thanks for pointing out that stamped concrete is also a good choice for concrete driveways. I’m planning to hire some people for concrete work a week from now because my dryness of the summer made the cracks on my driveway more apparent. Getting some paving done on it would surely make it look good as new.
Earthworks Auckland says
I was looking for this information relating to choosing the right exposed concrete driveway. You have really eased my work, loved your writing skill as well. I like how you have researched and presented these exact points so clearly. Please keep sharing more!