Changing the whole image of your living room is much easier than you think and will cost you very little if you use the following simple ideas.
1. Change the cover “hat” of lamps in the living room
Changing the “hat” of a lighting feature into a different color, material or shape, will instantly give your living room a new shiny image.
2. Add a floor rug
Since the floor is 30 percent of what you see in a room, adding a colorful and stylish rug will certainly make a good impression in the living room.
3. Change a wall in the living room
Select the wall you want to focus and paint it in a bright or bold color. Then hang a unique object, such as a «funky» clock, mirrors in different sizes, or various pictures with frames in the same color as the wall.
4. Use Coverings for your furniture
Covering your furniture with fabric covers is like buying new furniture without spending a fortune. Add vitality to your living room incorporating a brighter color, especially if you have decorated the space with darker colors. This also has the advantage of switching coverings whenever you get bored with them.
5. Change pillows
Adding or changing pillows will revive your “tired” living room and your old furniture will look as new again. Try to do this frequently, to never get bored! In summer, use lighter colors and cooler textures such as cotton and linen. In winter, choose darker colors in softer and warm textures like velvet and wool.
6. Change the Wall Posters or Pictures
Never have the same pictures, in the same frames, at the same place. Change location and photos regularly in your frames, especially after holidays and celebrations, using sometimes black/white and sometimes color images!
7. Cushions: stylish, relaxing and timeless
Cushions impart a sense of relaxation in the area, and have absolutely utilitarian character – use them as an extra seat when you have guests and collect them when you do not need them.
8. Forget the clichés with coffee tables
Many small tables can replace the classic coffee table and are more useful for guests in a self-serving setting.
9. Replace the coffee table with a sitting arrangement
Replace the classic coffee table with a large stool on which you can place a large tray. Use it as a table or remove the tray and transform it into an extra seat, depending on the occasion!
- How to Hide a Pillar in Your Living Room – Design Ideas with Photos
- 11 Couch/Sofa Alternatives For Your Home – Great Options for Your Living Room
- 10 Pros and Cons of Polyester Couch – is Polyester a Good Fabric for a Sofa?
- 15 Best Sofa/Couch Brands – Budget, Mid-priced or Luxury Options
- 9 Unique and Affordable Must-Have Ideas for a Leisure Room
- 33 Awesome Living Room Ideas with HardWood Floors (GALLERY)