The bedroom is the most intimate place in the house; it’s where you can totally express yourself and be unique.
Although bedroom styles differ among individuals, most people gather inspiration and ideas online for styles that suit their tastes. VisionBedding, for example, presents a variety of modern 3D beddings for the adventurous decorator.
If you are looking for the latest trends in bedroom styles, check out the following bedroom ideas to try this year without breaking the bank.
The Minimalist Bedroom Look
Minimalism is a growing trend for home and bedroom designs lately. This clean look requires you to evaluate your belongings and ultimately ask yourself, “What makes me happy?”
You need to choose the things that put a smile on your face and get rid of others that don’t. If you have accumulated things over the years, you may find it confusing how to achieve a poster-worthy modern bedroom. Get this look without spending a fortune by doing the following:
- Declutter. Go through your bedroom things and keep only those that matter. You want to get rid of extra stuff you don’t really need.
- Choose a simple bed frame. Or you can even go for a bed without a frame. As your bed is considered the centerpiece, it sets the tone of your room. Choosing a simple design is critical in this look.
- Use neutral-colored beddings. Neutral colors like whites and greys help avoid clashing colors that won’t evoke the Zen vibe you are going for. You can add an accent color later if you feel it is too plain.
- Take advantage of natural light. Do away with curtains or use sheer ones to bring natural light inside your bedroom.
- Hang artwork sparingly. Choose only one artwork that you really love – one that would make you happy when you walk into the bedroom – and hang it on the wall.
- Add a splash of color using a plant. Placing a plant inside the bedroom will not only add a splash of green to your neutral room, but also an earthy touch to complete the natural look you want.
- Use only one shelf and one dresser. If you can manage, try going down to just the basics to keep the room clutter-free.
The Naturalist Bedroom Look
The trend to create a healthy space for relaxation won’t be going away soon, what with the green lifestyle steadily gaining traction among young and old people alike.
With the naturalist bedroom look, the idea is to utilize things that nature offers to create a fresh, relaxed look. Achieve this look with these steps:
- Get a wooden bed and furniture. It’s sturdy, classy, and perfectly fits the no-synthetic look you are going for. Consider also wicker or rattan furnishings.
- Try using green as your primary color in the room. You can use it as your wall color, or pick dark green fabrics for your beddings. You can also go for green colored décor or furniture for this look.
- Use botanical prints. Think about using leafy print wallpaper to create an attractive feature wall.
- Use as many real plants as you like. Display potted plants of varying sizes on a shelf to make a refreshing focal.
- Consider using plant-themed pillowcases. You can also use floral designs, too! But if you prefer a more laid-back approach in color, choose leafy or floral patterns that come in a single color.
The Wabi-Sabi Bedroom Look
Wabi-sabi in Japanese means discovering beauty in imperfection. In interior design, this look aims for authenticity, finding meaning in weathered and worn objects, and promoting a general sense of calm using simplicity.
This abstract bedroom design idea may not be the simplest to apply, but here are some steps for you to try:
- Decorate your bedroom with homemade décor. There is nothing more authentic than DIY décor, ceramics from the local market or art you made yourself. These are perfect elements to create a warm, authentic look.
- Minimize clutter. Imperfection in wabi-sabi does not mean clutter-filled chaos. This bedroom look needs organization to evoke feelings of tranquility and peace. It’s practicing a sense of order to create calm inside the bedroom.
- Use plants and wooden décor. A mixture of wooden furniture and succulents can be excellent reminders of beauty in imperfection.
- Embrace mismatched décor. It’s not intentionally pairing different things, but the idea is that it’s alright to add anything you love that may not necessarily fit visually.
The bedroom is your refuge from the outside world so it’s only sensible to exert time and effort into making the bedroom relaxing and comfortable as ever. Sometimes, you may run out of ideas in dressing up your bedroom, but with the inspiration provided above, you can surely create a look that will suit your personality without spending too much.
- Cool Decorating Ideas for Teen Bedrooms
- 20 Genius Ideas to Transform Your Bedroom into a Cosy Paradise
- 7 Great Advantages of Getting a California King Bed in Your Bedroom
- Difference Between King vs Queen vs Full vs Twin size beds
- 11 Different Types of Beds for Every Kind of Home
- What Does Split Bedrooms Design Mean in Home Architecture?