Hardwood flooring is an ideal choice for your flooring needs as it provides a safe and clean space, in addition to the low costs of maintenance. Wood floors bring about a sustainable solution to enhance a valuable and good looking beauty in your rooms.
Learning to polish your hardwood floor by yourself is an important step in good maintenance. It also brings forth additional shine, beauty and durability to your floor.
Nevertheless, you may start to notice some wear on your pre-finished hardwood flooring after a while, as well as scratch marks made by your pet or moving rough objects. Well do not despair, you can still protect the floor and make it look as stunning as it looked when it was freshly installed by using Bona floor polish.
What is Bona floor polish
Bona floor polish is a protective layer mostly made from wax or urethane and is used to protect the permanent finish in addition to providing the shiny effect. It should however be applied on a clean finished floor for an exceptionally shiny look.
Applying Bona floor polish on your hardwood floor will be important to restore the floor’s protective layer of finish. Apart from bringing out the shine from your floor, Bona floor polish also has other benefits:
- It does not emit harmful or stinging fumes like most other floor polishes. This is because it is waterborne.
- It also evens out the appearance of the floor.
- If your floor has scratches made by either your pet or moving objects, Bona floor polish will come in handy to fill those micro scratches.
- Application is easy and can be done by almost anyone as learning is quick, cheap and easy. In addition, it brings out a great look on your floor.
- Unlike most other wax finishes, Bona floor polish brings out a nice shine without necessarily building up.
Important Tips on Applying the Bona Floor Polish
Before embarking on applying the polish, first test the polish in an unobtrusive section of the floor before you spread it on the entire floor.
It is also advisable to use the feathering technique to bring about a smooth finish which does not feature start and stop marks or lines.
How to apply
Applying Bona polish to your floor is a simple project and does not call for any special equipment. All you need to do is set aside the furniture and rugs and remove dirt on the floor by sweeping, vacuuming or dust mopping.
You should then wet clean it using the Bona Hardwood floor cleaner. After cleaning, squirt the Bona polish onto the floor and spread it with an applicator.
Then leave it to dry. You should give it about an hour to dry and about twenty four hours before allowing heavy traffic on it.
Maintenance for hardwood floors
Hardwood polishing is recommended every few months although this wholly depends on the amount of traffic the floor is subjected to. Bona avails floor polishes and tools for hardwood as well as tiles, stone and laminate. They also offer polish for hardwood polish to bring out the beautiful look.
Cleaning the floor as often as possible will help to reduce the amount of dust and dirt on it. This dirt can wear your floor by acting like sandpaper. Bona’s specially formulated polishes can be applied a number of times in a year.
However, how often you use it depends entirely on how much traffic passes through the floor. The classic floor maintenance should be every two to four months.
- 20 Best Online Used (Second-Hand) Furniture Stores in USA (Updated 2020)
- Need a Guide to Couch Material Types? We’ve Got You Covered!
- What are “Income Restricted Apartments” ? – Guide and FAQs
- Types of Sofas & Couch Styles – 40 Sofa and Chair Photos
- 10 Signs Showing You Are Ready To Live Alone
- 5 Types of Sofa Cushions – Fillings and Material Guide